This was so, so delicious. And I feel extra proud, because it was sorta my own invention. Taking the formula (and edamame pesto recipe) from Appetite for Reduction, I have created my own spectacular bowl!
Here are the steps:
- Make corn grits/polenta. I use Bob’s Red Mill!
- Make the edamame pesto from AfR
- Add 1 can, or 2 cups, of navy beans
- Roast cauliflower and cherry tomatoes in a 400 degree oven for 30 mins
- Toast 2 T of pine nuts (or burn them, gently, like I did)
- Assemble bowl
- Eat bowl
- Love bowl
Just note, the texture is a little on the mushy side. I’ve been trying to think of an addition that would combat that, but so far haven’t thought up anything. Ideas?